Yesterday Curt Alan, our Missions Pastor here at the Summit, gave me this report. Wow. Praise God. We believe that God’s primary strategy for accomplishing the great commission is church planting in strategic areas. This involves sending “apostolic” type of planters, as well as “regular” believers who uproot and move their lives to be a part of the team. That’s why we seek to plant 1,000 churches by 2050.
- The Summit has sent out 3 families and 1 single to work in self-supporting jobs overseas–one each in Europe, East Asia, and Africa.
- One of our recent undergraduates has deferred medical school to spend a year overseas with a church planting team in East Asia.
- We have sent 2 families and 1 single to church planting teams in the Middle East and South Asia.
- We have 3 families and 2 singles at pre-field training prior to going overseas (Middle East, South Asia, Southeast Asia).
- We’ve had 1 family and 2 singles get matched to overseas positions in the last week and will begin pre-field training in the upcoming months (Central Asia, Middle East).
That’s 24 adults, and–counting children–over 30 people that have moved overseas, are poised to go overseas, or are about to go to pre-field training in the last 3-4 months.
Of course, I have to admit that this is just the folks I know about! 40 more are part of the “international church planting cohort,” in the pipeline to be deployed in the near future!
The speed is increasing and the momentum is building. Let’s keep it going!